Q. Can I install and run Pidgin instant messaging client under Mac OS X operating system?
A. Short answer - yes, if you can compile and install X server / GTK+ on Mac OS X.
Long answer - Pidgin (Gaim) is a multi-platform instant messaging client. The software has limited support for many commonly used instant messaging protocols. You need to compile and install an X server, GTK+ and its dependencies yourself. You will not get native aqua interface including installer. I strongly suggest Adium, which is a free instant messaging application for Mac OS X that can connect to AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, and more.Tweet itFacebook itG+ itDownload PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page?
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop