You need to install the following packages under Debian and Ubuntu Linux operating systems:
[a] build-essential : This package contains an informational list of packages which are considered essential for building Debian packages including gcc compiler, make and other required tools.
[b] gnome-devel : This package contains the GNOME Desktop Environment development tools.
Open a terminal and type the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install build-essential gnome-devel
How do I write GTK+ gnome apps?
You need to use Anjuta IDE. It is a versatile Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the GNOME desktop. It features a number of advanced programming facilities includes project management, application wizards, an interactive debugger, an integrated Glade UI designer, integrated Devhelp API help, an integrated Valgrind memory profiler, an integrated gprof performance profiler, a class generator, a powerful source editor, source browsing, and more. To start Anjuta IDE, visit:
Applications > Programming > Anjuta IDE
See the documentation for app developers and designers at the following web sites:
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop