The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libaccess-bridge-java libjs-mochikit python-cheetah libjs-excanvas
libaccess-bridge-java-jni sabnzbdplus-theme-smpl tzdata-java
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
|Estimated completion time||N/A|
Yes, it is safe to remove all unwanted packages to improve the system performance and to avoid security released issues. These packages are no longer needed by the Debian or Ubuntu Linux. Open a terminal and login as a root user using sudo or su command. Type the following command to remove all such packages suggested by the apt-get command :
$ sudo apt-get autoremove
# apt-get autoremove
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages will be REMOVED: ca-certificates-java libaccess-bridge-java libaccess-bridge-java-jni libjs-excanvas libjs-mochikit python-cheetah sabnzbdplus-theme-smpl tzdata-java 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 8 to remove and 4 not upgraded. After this operation, 6,369 kB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y (Reading database ... 334576 files and directories currently installed.) Removing ca-certificates-java ... Removing libaccess-bridge-java-jni ... Removing libaccess-bridge-java ... Removing sabnzbdplus-theme-smpl ... Removing libjs-excanvas ... Removing libjs-mochikit ... Removing python-cheetah ... Removing tzdata-java ... Processing triggers for python-support ... Processing triggers for man-db ...
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop