How do I delete all files and folders stored in /home/jerry/movies directories under Linux operating systems?
You need to the rm command.
Open a terminal or shell (bash) prompt and type the following command to delete everything in /home/jerry/movies
cd /home/jerry/movies pwd rm -rf *
OR you can use the following single command:
rm -rf /home/jerry/movies/
Please note that all folders and files including movies will be deleted. Once deleted you will not able to get back your data. So be careful when typing rm -rf command.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop