Q. I don't like the graphical GRUB splash screen provided by SUSE Linux. How do I disable graphical GRUB splash screen?
A. You can disable your graphical splash or boot screen. All you need to do is edit the grub.conf or grub.lst file located at /boot/grub/grub.conf
Open grub.conf using text editor:
# vi /boot/grub/grub.conf
Now find the line which starts with the word splashimage and comment it out or just delete it.
Save and close the file. Restart the system to check the effect.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop