Q. I've installed Apache 2.2 from FreeBSD 7.0 ports and when I try to start I get following warning on screen:
Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
[Wed Sep 17 22:01:58 2008] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
How do I fix this error?
A. FreeBSD has special driver called accf_http. It will buffer incoming connections until a certain complete HTTP requests arrive to speed up and optimize performance.
The utility of accf_http is such that a server will not have to context switch several times before performing the initial parsing of the request. This effectively reduces the amount of required CPU utilization to handle incoming requests by keeping active processes in preforking servers such as Apache low and reducing the size of the file descriptor set that needs to be managed by interfaces such as select(), poll() or kevent() based servers.
Just open shell prompt and type the following command to load accf_http under FreeBSD :
# kldload accf_http
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 restart
Update /boot/loader.conf file
Type the following command so that driver get loaded at the time of booting system:
# echo 'accf_http_load="YES"' >> /boot/loader.conf
A note about FreeBSD jails (vps)
Under jail you cannot load this module. It needs to be loaded from host using above command.Tweet itFacebook itG+ itDownload PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page?
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop