[a] Built-in PDF Viewer.
[b] PDF reader plugin.
[c] Download and use local pdf reader and more.
Option #1: Set pdf Firefox options
MS-Windows user at the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options. Select Applications tab.
A note about Linux users
From the menu bar > Edit > Preferences > Select Applications tab.
Define the default action for the PDF file:
To change how Firefox handles a pdf file type in the list (type pdf in box), click on its name to select it. Open the drop-down menu to select the download action you want Firefox to use:
- Choose an application: To choose a local or web application to handle a type, select the application from the drop-down menu. If you want a local application that is not in the menu to handle the type, select Use other... from the drop-down menu and point Firefox to its location.
- Choose a feature or plugin: If you want a feature or a plugin in Firefox to handle the type, and one is available, select it from the drop-down menu.
- Save on your computer: Some file types can be saved to your computer. Select Save File from the menu for one of these file types to have Firefox save that type of file to the location specified in the Downloads settings.
Finally, click on the Close button.
Check out related media
This tutorial is also available in a quick video format:
Video 01: Firefox: Disable The New built-in PDF-viewer Under Linux or Unix Oses
Option #2: Set pdfjs.disabled option
Type the following in Location Bar (address bar)
Click the button labeled "I'll be careful, I promise!". Type the following in Search bar:
Click on its name to select it > Right click on pdfjs.disabled entry > Select Toggle (set it to TRUE).
How do I test new settings?
=> Visit this url and download pdf file.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop