Q. My ISP DNS servers are overloaded, can you give me free dns server IP address for fast name resolution?
A. You can try following fast DNS server free of cost. I've personally used them and they offer reliability, speed and security. All you have to do is punch following two IP address into your router or computer DNS list.
OpenDNS Free DNS Server IP address
ScrubIT Free DNS Server IP address
How do I setup DNS Server IP address?
Under Linux / UNIX / Solaris / BSD operating systems, just open your /etc/resolv.conf file and add above IP address:
If you are using Windows Vista, just follow these instructions or refer this guide published at OpenDNS website.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop