Q. While installing any FreeBSD port I'm getting following error message:
===> FreeBSD WARNING: Vulnerability Database Out of Date, Checking Anyway
How do I fix this warning message?
A. You need to install portaudit package to get rid of this error message. portaudit command checks installed packages for known vulnerabilities and generates reports including references to security advisories. If you have a vulnerable package installed, you are advised to update or deinstall it immediately. his package also installs a script into /usr/local/etc/periodic/security that regularly updates this database and includes a report of vulnerable packages in the daily security report.
Login as the root and type the following command to fix this issue:
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portaudit
# make install clean
# /usr/local/sbin/portaudit -Fda
Now you should able to install any port without vulnerability database out of date error.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop