Q. I am getting following error:
Maximum number of clients exceeded
How do I get rid of this problem?
A. Many ftp servers are configured to allow 1 or 2 maximum login only. There are couple of ftp client program which open up multiple connections to the FTP server to speed up download or upload.
To avoid denial of service (DoS) attack against the ftp server, most admin restrict ftp client opening multiple connections.
All you need to do is turn off multiple connection feature (look for server supports resume check box) from your ftp client or ask your ftp server administrators to increase your limit.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop