Q. I've 3 corporate domains registered with Go Daddy. Recently we setup our own nameserver using BIND9 under Linux. My setup is as follows:
However, when I try to change nameserver using Go Daddy domain control panel, I get an error that read as follows:
Errors were detected.
How do I configure my server to avoid errors?
A. Go daddy verifies your nameserver before making any changes to domain. There are two steps to avoid error.
Step # 1: Make sure your nameserver configured properly
Login to each nameserver and type the following command:
$ host example.com localhost
OR remotely test the same from your own computer, enter
$ host example.com 184.108.40.206
$ host example.com 220.127.116.11
$ host example.com 18.104.22.168
$ host 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199
You must get a valid answer from each of your nameserver including reverse dns (PTR).
Step # 2: Register nameserver hosts with Go Daddy
To set up your own Domain Name Server (DNS) service, you need to register your own hosts IP before changing domain name. This is common practice usually done by ISP admins. Go daddy provides the same feature via control panel.
a) Log in to your Go daddy Account Control Panel / Manager.
b) Select My Products section > click Manage Domains.
c) Click the domain (example.com) for which you want to create a host.
e) In the Host Name field, enter the host name you want to register. For example, enter ns1 as hostname.
g) Click OK to save the changes. Repeat above steps to add all your nameserver IP addresss.
h) Now you can change nameserver without a problem.
Updated for accuracy.Tweet itFacebook itG+ itDownload PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page?
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop