Q. Can you suggest me a decent media player for my HP laptop? I’m using Fedora Core Linux.
A. Linux desktop offers lots of multimedia program for audio and video experience.
Beep Media Player
The Beep Media Player (BMP) is a free audio player, based on the XMMS multimedia player. I recommend beep media player for playing mp3. BMP looks like Winamp and even supports Winamp and XMMS skins. BMP supports most of the audio file formats.
=> BMP Home Page
VLC media player
Use VLC media player to play DVD/VCD and other formats. It is a highly portable multimedia player, encoder, and streamer supporting many audio and video codecs and file formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is able to stream over networks and to transcode multimedia files and save them into various different formats.
=> VLC media player
There is also mplayer which can play and rip almost any multimedia cd format. In addition to its wide range of supported formats MPlayer can also save all streamed content to a file.
=> mplayer media player
You can download software / media player from above web sites or from Linux RPM software repository such as RPMForgeTweet itFacebook itG+ itDownload PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page?
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop