Q. How do I run Quicken personal finance management software or propitiatory Windows tax software under GNU/Linux?
A. Quicken is a personal finance management tool. There are several versions of Quicken such as Quicken New User, Quicken Basic, Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Premier and Quicken Home & Business. Quicken is Microsoft specific software. However, you can run quicken under Linux using any one of the following methods:
Use CrossOver Office / Wine To run Quicken
CrossOver Office - CodeWeavers' goal is to make Unix (including Linux and Mac OS X) a fully Windows-compatible operating system. All Windows applications should be able to be run on Unix: cleanly, harmoniously, within the native environment, and without using an emulator. You can also use Wine Software. Please note that applications such as Tax and finance software are updated every year, so make sure your version is supported under CrossOver office.
Use Web based software
Many vendor provides web-based tax / finance software.
Use Vmware or Virtualbox
Use OpenSouce software
GnuCash is an accounting software which implements a double-entry bookkeeping system. It was initially aimed at developing capabilities similar to Intuit, Inc.'s Quicken application, but also has features for small business accounting. Recent development has been focused on adapting to modern desktop support-library requirements.
The first time you run GNUCash, you'll be prompted either to import files in Quicken QIF format or to create a new set of accounts.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop