Q. I've Debian Linux VPS server for my small business web site. Can you tell me more about a free blog software (weblog software) that can run under LAMP?
A. Blog software consists of a specialised form of Content Management Systems specifically designed for creating and maintaining weblogs. You can download following software from the web and install it under LAMP.
WordPress Blog Software
WordPress is a blog publishing system written in PHP and is considered as one of the most popular self hosted blogging software. All data is stored in a MySQL database. WordPress offers customization via themes, widgets, plugins etc. Many good themes can be downloaded from the web. WordPress is recommended for new users and it can be also installed from web hosting control panel.
Movable Type Blog Software
Movable Type is a weblog publishing system developed by the company Six Apart. It offers multiple weblogs, standalone content pages, asset and file Manager, customizable templates and much more. It is written in Perl and all data is stored in a MySQL database.
Typo is another free, open source blogging engine written in the Ruby programming language, using the Ruby on Rails web application framework. Typo can use any of the various SQL databases supported by the Ruby on Rails framework.
Drupal is a free and open source CMS software. It includes blog module for blogging. It is written in PHP and data is stored in MySQL or PostgreSQL.
A note about environment
All of the above software runs in many environments, including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris 10, OpenSolaris and any platform that supports either the Apache, or IIS (version IIS5+) Web server and the PHP language.
There are many softwares for blogging, but above softwares are tried and tested by many users world wild.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop