Q. My mail delivery fails with DNS: Service unavailable error. How do I fix this error under Linux / UNIX operating systems?
A. This error indicate that your DNS name resolution is not working correctly. Make sure dns client configuration is correct and your dns servers (or ISPs DNS servers) are working.
Also make sure the remote mail server receiving the mail from the local server is unable to resolve the local mail servers hostname. The local mail server needs to have a valid working fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop