Q. I'd like to share iSCSI storage with our 3 node web server cluster. How can multiple systems access a single iSCSI LUN under Linux operating system? Can I connect multiple servers to a single iSCSI LUN?
A. Short answer - no it is not possible.
Long answer - It is possible to access a single iSCSI LUN using cluster aware file system such as GFS or OCFS2. You can also use NFS or Samba for sharing file system. iSCSI provides no file locking. This may result into serious data corruption. To share LUN simply use cluster aware file system.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop