I'm trying to use Cinelerra video editing and compositing software under Linux operating systems. However, I'm getting the following error:
MWindow::init_shm: /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax is 0x1000000.
It should be at least 0x7ffffff for cinelerra.
How do I fix this problem?
Before running Cinelerra you need to increase the value of shmmax. This value can be used to query and set the run time limit on the maximum shared memory segment size that can be created. Shared memory segments up to 1Gb are now supported in the kernel. This value defaults to SHMMAX. If this value is smaller you will see the error as follows on screen:
To fix this problem edit /etc/sysctl.conf file, enter: the following line (must be run as the root):
# vi /etc/sysctl.conf
Append the following line
Save and close the file. Type the following command to activate the settings:
# sysctl -p
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop