While updating my CentOS / RHEL HP Linux server via yum command it givens an error which read as follows:
There are unfinished transactions remaining. You might consider running yum-complete-transaction first to finish them
How do I fix this problem under RHEL / CentOS Linux 5.x server operating systems?
You will get this message only if yum finds incomplete or aborted yum transactions on a system.
Type the following command to finish transactions:
I recommend running yum-complete-transaction --cleanup-only, which is safe option
# yum-complete-transaction --cleanup-only
The yum-complete-transaction command finds incomplete or aborted yum transactions on a system and attempts to complete them. It looks at the transaction-all and transaction-done files which can normally be found in /var/lib/yum if a yum transaction aborted in the middle of execution. If it finds more than one unfinished transaction it will attempt to complete the most recent one first. You can run it more than once to clean up all unfinished transactions.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop