It is a good idea to change your password every month or at least every four months.phishing scam.
passwd command syntax
You need to use the Unix passwd command to change your password. The syntax is:
The Unix will prompt you for your old password, ask for a new password, and force you to repeat your new password for verification. Please note that Unix passwords are case sensitive. The above command will change the password only on the computer or server you are currently using. If you are logged on nas01 server the password will only on the nas01 sever and not on nas02 or any other Unix based server/computer.
For more information please see passwd command man page.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop