Q. I'm using RHEL 4.x as database server. How can I run the up2date command to find out what package will satisfy library / module dependencies via RHN?
A.Update Agent provides a complete system for updating the RPM packages installed on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Both command line and graphical interfaces are included.
Update Agent has a quite a few configuration options, including but not limited to: installing packages after they are downloaded; downloading source RPMs along with binary RPMs; whether or not to upgrade packages where the default configuration file(s) have been modified, and more.
Use the following syntax to query the RHN servers to resolve the comma separated list of dependencies. It will return a list of packages that will satisfy these dependencies:
For example, if an error read as follows:
error: failed dependencies: libxyz.so is needed by httpd libabc.so.1 is needed by httpd
To find out all libs or module dependencies in any of the package, enter:
# up2date --whatprovides=libxyz.so,libabc.so.1
Now just install packagename-1.15:
# up2date packagename
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop