Q. I’ve Windows server 2008 and I’ve tried to enable audio over RDP. But I did not hear sound when I tried to login over RDP. How do I fix this problem?
A. Audio Redirection allows users to run an audio program on the remote desktop. If you didn’t hear the windows startup sound while login over RDP. Try it as follows:
- Click on Start-> Run
- Type tscc.msc on the remote Windows server computer.
- Next, open the Connections folder in the left sidebar.
- Right-click RDP-Tcp, select Properties.
- Click Client Settings tab.
- UNCHECK the “Audio mapping” checkbox.
- Please note that all checkboxes under this section are below a blurb that states “Disable the following:”, thus anything checked here is disabled. Audio is disabled by default.
- Click OK, and close tscc.
- You may see a warning which says this change will not take effect for any currently-connected RDP sessions. Click out of that.
- Finally, Log out.
- And, Log back in.