Kali Linux is the successor of the BackTrack Penetration Testing Linux distribution has been released. From the official project page:
Kali is a complete re-build of BackTrack Linux, adhering completely to Debian development standards. All-new infrastructure has been put in place, all tools were reviewed and packaged, and we use Git for our VCS.
What's new in Kali Linux version 1.0?
- 300 penetration testing tools.
- FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard) compliant.
- Enhanced and vast wireless device support.
- Custom kernel patched for injection.
- GPG signed packages and repos.
- ARMEL and ARMHF support: Kali is currently available for the following ARM devices:
- rk3306 mk/ss808
- Raspberry Pi
- ODROID U2/X2
- Samsung Chromebook
Kali Linux screen shots
Download Kali Linux DVD/ISO images
Visit this page to grab the latest DVD ISO images.
Direct http download links
- GNOME 64 bit ISO Image (2189MB)
- Mini ISO 64 bit Image (404MB)
- GNOME 32 bit ISO Image (i386) (2256MB)
- Mini ISO 32 bit Image (i386) (433MB)
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop