Mozilla has released Firefox version 14. Early last month, Mozilla had released Firefox 13. Firefox 14 has new features that make browsing more secure and Web applications like games more powerful.
What's new in Firefox 14?
- Privacy feature - Firefox now encrypts your Google searches using HTTPS. You won’t notice a difference in how you search, but your Google search suggestions and search results will be presented through a secure web site.
- Bug fix - Full screen support for Mac OS X Lion implemented.
- Security feature - You can now whitelist sites that you visit often and trust. Sites that are whitelisted will activate plugins automatically upon load. See this wiki page for more information on about Opt-in activation for plugins.
- Other bug fixes and enhancements - The Awesome Bar now auto-completes typed URLs. Fixrfox 14 has improved site identity manager, to prevent spoofing of an SSL connection with favicons and fixed many security issues. See this page for the complete list of new features and bug fixes.
How do I install Firefox 14 under Linux?
If you are already using Firefox (under MS-Windows / Apple Mac OS X) you will be automatically updated to the latest version the next time you restart your browser. Linux user can use apt-get and yum command to apply updates. If you'd like to install Firefox 14 manually head over to the our tutorial page for more information. You can download Firefox 14 by visiting this url.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop