This is an excellent news for all games and open source users.
Apricot is a joint effort between Crystal Space and Blender to create a fully open game with professional quality. All data and code will be published and can be used in other projects (Creative Commons license). The Blender and Crystal Space communities joining forces to realize an awesome and industry standard 3D game experience. One of the our important goals is to improve open source tools to better fit to the professional gamedev industry.
The game will be based on project Peach, the hilarious 3D furry & funny cartoon movie currently in production in the Blender Institute. Three Blender artists, two Crystal Space developers and a Blender developer have been invited to come over to Amsterdam for six months to create an awesome and industry standard 3D game experience! To support this work, please consider pre ordering the DVD.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop