The ASUS Eee PC is an upcoming series of ultra-portable laptops designed by Intel and ASUSTeK, aimed at the consumer market. According to ASUS, the name derives from "the three Es": Easy to learn, work, play; Excellent Internet experience and Excellent mobile computing experience
ASUS Eee PC, a small, slim, and light portable computer that is priced at $199. It is powered by Linux.
Both the price and the size of the devices are relatively small in comparison to similar devices, such as Ultra-Mobile PCs. The Eee series is viewed partly as a response to the XO-1 notebook from the One Laptop per Child initiative.
The Eee PC is running a version of Intel's 910 mobile chipset, it uses a 900MHz Intel Dothan based Pentium M CPU, it has 512MB of DDR2 memory, full 802.11g wireless capability, and a flash-based hard drive. There will be at least two different models of the Eee PC, with the $199 version using a 4GB flash hard drive and the $299 version using a 8GB drive.
Cheap Linux Laptop Specs
1. CPU - 900MHz Intel Dothan based Pentium M
2. RAM - 512MB of DDR2 (no upgrade possible)
3. Wirless - 802.11g
4. Hard disk - Flash-based hard drive ($199 for 4GB model, $299 for 8GB model)
5. Weight: .89 kilograms
6. Battery - Approx - 3 hours life
7. Misc - 4 USB 2.0, VGA output, 10/100 Ethernet, 56K phone modem
a) Cost - anyone can afford such system
b) If you use laptop for web browsing, e-mail and a ssh; this is a good system.
b) Almost no noise
Check out this product page for more information. What do you thing? Would you go for such cheap latptop?TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop