This error is related to Kerberos. When kinit starts you get message as follows:
Clock skew too great while getting initial credentials
What does this error mean? After searching bit I found that:
The clock on you system (Linux/UNIX) is too far off from the correct time. Your machine needs to be within 5 minutes of the Kerberos servers in order to get any tickets. You will need to run ntp, or a similar service to keep your clock within the five minute window.
Finally, ntp was setup and error vanished :)
Also make sure you have proper DNS server setup in /etc/resolv.conf file.
See more troubleshooting tips at HP website.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop