I would like to run a little competition here at nixCraft. I'm offering total 3 copies of 'Ubuntu Kung Fu - Tips, Tricks, Hints, and Hacks' book PDF version written by Keir Thomas. All you have to do is comment on this post and tell us your one killer Linux / UNIX tip.
Ubuntu Kung Fu book is for both new and expert alike users. You will learn lots of short cuts and hacks. Now, you can win this book for yourself.
How to Enter
Your task is to write a small one liner tip related to Linux / UNIX. Submit your tip below in the comments. If you do not have a tip to share with us, then just tell us why you switched to Linux.
The prize is total 3 copies of Ubuntu Kung Fu book PDF version. I will pick three random entries from those comments submitted to win the prize. The competition is open to all and I will send your PDF version book via email.
Entries close on Wednesday, Dec., 03, 2008 at midnight. I will announce the winner next day.
Update: See the winners here.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop