A great news for all Linux fan boys and end user. No need to use Windows Vista / XP. Finally Linux entirely replaces Windows forever.
Trust me this move will push Ubuntu Linux to next level and it will become a leading Desktop OS, just like Redhat on server side.
According to Linux.com:
Dell and Canonical are finally making it official. Dell is scheduled to announce today that it has reached a partnership with Canonical to sell Dell desktops and laptops with Ubuntu preinstalled, to be sold through the Dell Web site.
How many people can install an operating system?
Most end user can’t install an OS. I know at least few peoples who would like to try out Ubuntu or other Linux distro but not sure howto download 700Mb file and configure everything.
Now the No. 2 PC maker will begin selling some consumer-focused laptop and desktop to end users.
You can now order a preloaded Linux operating system. You will get tons of other benefits such as
c) Say goodbye to DRM shit
d) Virus and spyware free environment
However they Dell may need to offer dual boot option, if an end user wants to play lods of games and use Ubuntu for real work.
Read more about Dell and Ubuntu partnership...
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop