What types of content are generally delivered using a CDN?
Most CDN support rich media content and various web objects as follows:
- Rich media content such as movies / HD video, games, and music / HD Audio using streaming, progressive downloading, and caching technologies.
- Real time media content (live streaming) such as current news, events, and sports matches.
- Downloadable content such as application software, games, documents, pdf files, software updates/patches, and much more.
- Dynamic site acceleration (DSA) - You can optimize your entire website or dynamic web application written in java/php/perl/python/asp/.net using a CDN.
- Other network content such as DNS queries, routing information, Internet / Intranet servers etc
- What Is a Content Delivery Network (CDN)?
- Different Type of Content Delivered Using a CDN
- HowTo: Configure WordPress To Use A Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- HowTo: Configure Vbulletin To Use A Content Delivery Network (CDN)