Fedora Linux version 11 has been released and available for download ( jump to download link ). Fedora Linux is a community-based Linux distribution. Fedora is sponsored by Red Hat, Inc.
One of Fedora's main objectives is not only to contain free and open source software, but also to be on the leading edge of such technologies.
Fedora 11, codenamed "Leonidas", was released on June 9, 2009. The features include ext4, a 20-second startup, and the latest GNOME, KDE and XFCE releases. Firefox 3.5 and Thunderbird 3's latest pre-releases are available as well.
What's New in Fedora 11
New software in Fedora Linux v11:
- ext4 as the default file system
- experimental BTRFS activated by IcantbelieveitsnotBTR at bootup
- Faster Bootup aimed at 20 seconds.
- GCC 4.4
- KDE 4.2.2
- Gnome 2.26.1
- 2.6.29-4 Linux kernel
- Netbeans 6.5
- nVidia kernel modesetting through the nouveau open source driver.
- OpenOffice 3.1.0
- Python 2.6
- Xfce to 4.6
- X server 1.6
Fedora 11 Download
You can download Fedora Linux 11 via the web/ftp server or via BitTorrent (recommended).
32 bit vs 64 bit Fedora 11 version
- For almost all PCs select 32 bit version. For e.g., most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors. Good for destkop usage. Almost all multimedia plugins and software works with 32bit edition.
- Choose 64 bit version to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). For servers and advanced feature such as hardware error detection, access to more than 4GB RAM and so on use 64bit version.
Fedora 11 DVD ISO download
- Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO image 32 bit i386 DVD ISO (3.4 GB)
- Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO images 64 bit DVD ISO (3.9 GB)
Fedora download: Fedora 11 CD ISO download
There are total 6 ISO images:
Fedora Linux 11 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
Download images from the following mirror:
Fedora 11 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
- Download from BitTorrent i386 32 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
- Download from BitTorrent 64 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
See complete list of torrents here .
Fedora 11 Live CD Download
This is the latest version of the Fedora Linux operating system featuring the GNOME desktop. It's everything you need to try out Fedora—and if you like it, install it right from the desktop!
Fedora 11 Upgrade Over The Internet
Already have Fedora 10 installed? See how to upgrade Fedora 10 to Fedora 11 using the Internet.