Update: Nov-25,2008: Fedora Linux 10 has been related and available for download.
Update: Nov-7,2007: Fedora Linux 8 has been related and available for download here.
Fedora 7 has been released. The Fedora Project is a Red Hat sponsored and community supported open source project. Its goal is the rapid progress of free and open source software and content. It offers cutting edge softwares for desktop usage. The latest version of the popular Linux distribution has a lot to offer users and developers.
New in Fedora 7
=> This release features GNOME 2.18 and KDE 3.5.6.
=> This release integrates Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) technology with Fedora's graphical virt-manager and command-line virsh tools. KVM provides a hardware accelerated virtualization solution, and users have a choice between KVM and Xen, along with Qemu, in this release.
=> In this release, the performance of yum, Pirut, and Pup have been significantly improved.
=> This release features integration of a new FireWire stack in the kernel for more robust device handling.
=> Fedora now includes improved power management through implementation of dynamic ticks in the kernel.
(click to enlarge, more screenshots @ Fedora Website)
=> I can now install Fedora on my Sony VAIO Notebooks
=> See Fedora 7 release notes.
Download link - ( Download Fedora )
You can download Fedora via the web/ftp server or via BitTorrent (recommended).
Fedora 7 DVD ISO download
= > Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO images (2.7 GB)
Fedora 7 Live CD ISO download
=> Use Live CD (700M) if internet connection is slow or you just want to see how Fedora works. You can install fedora from Live cd.
Fedora 7 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
=> Download from BitTorrent (requires a BitTorrent client)TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop