Fedora 8 has been released ( jump to download link ). The Fedora Project is a Red Hat sponsored and community supported open source project. Its goal is the rapid progress of free and open source software and content. It offers cutting edge softwares for desktop usage. The latest version of the popular Linux distribution has a lot to offer users and developers.
New in Fedora 8
This release includes significant new versions of many key components and technologies.
=> This release features GNOME 2.18 and KDE 3.5.8.
=> NetworkManager 0.7 provides improved wireless network management support.
=> PulseAudio is now installed and enabled by default. PulseAudio is an advanced sound server compatible with nearly all existing Linux sound systems. PulseAudio allows for hot-switching audio outputs, individual volume controls for each audio stream, networked audio, and more.
=> Compiz Fusion, the compositing window manager that re-merges Compiz and Beryl, is installed by default for 3D effects.
=> OpenOffice.org 2.3, with many new features, is available as part of Fedora 8.
=> Laptop users benefit from the "quirks" feature in HAL, including better suspend/resume and multimedia keyboard support.
=> Fedora 8 features a 2.6.23 based Linux kernel.
(click to enlarge, more screenshots @ Fedora Website)
=> See Fedora 8 release notes.
Download link - ( Download Fedora )
You can download Fedora via the web/ftp server or via BitTorrent (recommended).
Fedora 8 DVD ISO download
= > Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO images (32 bit DVD ISO ~ 3.2 GB)
= > Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO images (64 bit DVD ISO ~ 3.2 GB)
Fedora 8 Live CD ISO download
=> Use 32 bit Live CD (700M) if internet connection is slow or you just want to see how Fedora works. You can install fedora from Live cd.
Fedora 8 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
=> Download from BitTorrent i386 32 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
=> Download from BitTorrent 64 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
All other downloads options and mirrors are mentioned here.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop