What's New In Firefox 3.5
Firefox is not just the speediest, safest and most advanced Firefox but it comes with new set of security and other advanced features.
Private browsing is a new feature that allows Firefox to control browsing history, images, videos, and cookies in cache. Firefox won't keep any browser history, search history, download history, web form history, cookies, and temporary internet files. However, files you download and bookmarks you make will be kept. . This allows you to browse the Internet without storing data that could be retrieved at a later date to incriminate that person. This is useful for ecommerce and banking website.
To enable private browsing hit [CTRL]+ [SHIFT]+ [P] or simply visit Tools > Start Private Browsing
Forget This Site
Having second thoughts about having visited a certain Web site? With this feature, you can remove every trace of that site from your browser -- no questions asked! Simply hit [CTRL+H] > Select Site > Right Click > Select Forgot about this site.
HTML 5 and CSS 3 Support
HTML 5, an update to the HTML language. Firefox 3.5 supports HTML5 and CSS 3. Checkout demo page for information.
Rock Solid Stable and Faster Browser
See this page for all other fantastic new features.
Download Firefox v3.5
Visit the official website to grab Firefox 3.5.
How Do I Upgrade Firefox v3.x to v3.5?
Use your package manger or type the following commands (assuming that older firefox is installed at /opt/firefox), enter:
# cd /tmp
# wget 'http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.5&os=linux&lang=en-US'
Untar and install Firefox 3.5 (close all running FF sessions):
# tar -jxvf firefox-3.5.tar.bz2
# cp -avr firefox/* /opt/firefox/
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop