Firefox 3.0.1 has been released and available for download. This update has been rated as having critical security impact by the Mozilla. Use the following instructions to upgrade Firefox.
An integer overflow flaw was found in the way Firefox displayed certain web content. A malicious web site could cause Firefox to crash, or execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the user running Firefox. (CVE-2008-2785)
A flaw was found in the way Firefox handled certain command line URLs. If another application passed Firefox a malformed URL, it could result in Firefox executing local malicious content with chrome privileges. (CVE-2008-2933)
Download Firefox 3.0.1
How do I upgrade Firefox to version 3.0.1?
How do I update Firefox under Redhat / Fedora / CentOS Linux?
Simply type the following command, enter:
# yum update
How do I update Firefox under Debian / Ubuntu Linux?
Open terminal and simply type the following commands, enter:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop