The GNU Image Manipulation Program, an open-source, image editing program. GIMP is used to process digital graphics and photographs. However, learning curve is little high with GIMP. This site provides the excellent set of GIMP 2 video demos. To view these short demonstrations, you need to have a video player capable of showing MS AVI DivX files (mpeg4) such as ffplay from ffmpeg, mplayer or xinelib based players.
On a related note this tutorial explores a few simple techniques to improve a portrait using GIMP. In particular, you’ll see a couple of new features introduced in the new GIMP 2.4, the Healing Tool and the Red Eye Removal filter.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop