GIMP version 2.6 has been released and available for download. It is a free raster graphics editor used to manipulate digital graphics and photographs under Linux and other operating systems. It is often used as a free software replacement for Adobe Photoshop, the most widely used bitmap editor.
What's new in GIMP v2.6
Major revisions in interface and tools were made available with the 2.6.0 release in 2008. There is a bigger changes in UI, free select tool and brush tools. Lesser changes in code and partial, tool level, provide higher color depths and even non-destructive editing. See Gimp release note for more information.
Download Gimp 2.6 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Visit official website to grab latest version.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop