Mandriva Linux (aka Mandrake Linux) has been released. Mandriva Linux 2008 is the latest edition of Mandriva Linux, the product of more than 9 years of continuous innovation for desktops and enterprise servers.
In this release, you will get the most up-to-date versions of the major components, with the brand new GNOME 2.20 desktop, the latest stable KDE 3.5.7, Compiz Fusion 0.5.2, OpenOffice.org 2.2.1, the latest Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.
Apparmor has replaced RSBAC as the in-kernel application security tool. It also includes a integrated hardware detection system, with support for a lot of new devices particularly graphics cards, sound cards, and wireless chips. There is a wizard to import Windows documents and settings etc.
Download Mandriva Linux 2008 CD / DVD ISO
TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
=> Mandriva Linux 2008 is now available for download on the official site and on the network of public mirror servers. You can download 3-CD ISO / 1-DVD edition files, which are made up entirely of free / open source software, without any of the non-free software bundled with other editions. It is available for download free of charge.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop