Looking for bug fixes and performance improvements, Novell is offering first service pack. I’ve noticed boot speed and other speed improvements. My office presentation laptop has Suse Linux and I’ve update the same :)
SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP1 and Virtual Machine Driver Pack contain several innovations, many of which came from direct collaboration with customers and partners
From the official press release:
Novell today announced that the first service pack (SP1) for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 is now available to customers worldwide. Featuring significant enhancements in virtualization, high-performance computing, security, interoperability and system management, SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP1 from Novell® lets organizations take advantage of the latest technical advances in the best-engineered, lowest-cost and most-interoperable platform for mission-critical computing.
Service Pack 1 Enhancements
- Enhanced virtualization support and management
- Updated high-availability storage infrastructure
- Support for new processor technologies, including Quad-Core Intel Xeon and Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors.
- Enhanced security features
- Audit subsystem enrichment
- Support for Novell Open Enterprise Server 2.
Download Novell enterprise Linux service pack 1 - SP1 - ISO image
- Direct download link : SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for x86, AMD64, Intel64, Itanium & IBM POWER Media Kit