If you use Windows emulators such as Win4Lin or other programs under Linux to run popular windows application, you must use Anti virus to avoid problems.
AVG Anti-Virus is free software for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. Latest version 7.1.30 runs on Linux :)
This anti-Virus software used by millions of users, has introduced a new free version of its software specifically for the Linux desktop.
Sure Linux popularity is growing everyday. It is only a matter of time before the Linux operating system becomes more widely targeted by virus and malware writers. So getting a software protection is must.
Main fetures of software
- Easy to use
- Regular and automatic virus database updates
- Realtime protection of files and e-mails
- Scheduled and manual testing etc
However this software only runs on selected Linux distro [ no support for Debian or Ubuntu Linux :( ] :-
- Mandriva Linux
- RedHat/Fedora Linux
- Suse Linux etc
Important linksTwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop