PostgreSQL 8.2 has been released and available for download.
PostgreSQL is a Free object-relational database server (database management system), released under a flexible BSD-style license.
This release adds many functionality and performance improvements that were requested by users, including:
=> Query language enhancements including INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE RETURNING, multirow VALUES lists, and optional target-table alias in UPDATE/DELETE
=> Index creation without blocking concurrent INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE operations
=> Many query optimization improvements, including support for reordering outer joins
=> Improved sorting performance with lower memory usage
=> More efficient locking with better concurrency
=> More efficient vacuuming
=> Easier administration of warm standby servers
=> New FILLFACTOR support for tables and indexes
=> Monitoring, logging, and performance tuning additions
=> More control over creating and dropping objects
=> Table inheritance relationships can be defined for and removed from pre-existing tables etc
=> Read Release Notes for more information
Download PostgreSQL 8.2.
A dump/restore using pg_dump is required for those wishing to migrate data from any previous release.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop