OpenBSD 4.6 has been released and available for download from the official website. OpenBSD is well known for record of more than ten years with only two remote holes in the default install. The OpenBSD is widely known for the quality open source code and documentation, uncompromising position on software licensing, and focus on security and code correctness.
The new release includes:
- OpenSSH 5.3
- Over 5,800 ports, minor robustness improvements in package tools.
- A new privilege-separated smtpd
- Software RAID
- Gnome 2.24.3
- KDE 3.5.10.
- Xfce 4.6.1.
- MySQL 5.0.83.
- PostgreSQL 8.3.7.
- Postfix 2.6.2.
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0.11 and 3.5.
- Mozilla Thunderbird 220.127.116.11.
- OpenOffice.org 3.1.0.
- Python 2.4.6, 2.5.4 and 2.6.2.
- Ruby 18.104.22.1689.
- Routing daemons and the TCP stack
- A new installer and much more.
Download ISO Images
You can grab the OpenBSD installer ISO images from the official FTP / HTTP mirrors.
- 32 bit OpenBSD v4.6 (Europe openbsd ftp server) (237772 KB)
- 64 bit OpenBSD v4.6 (USA OpenBSD mirror server) (260186 KB)
- Master mirror 32 bit [237772 KB] and 64bit ISO [260186 KB] images
OpenBSD 4.6 Download Mirrors
Order OpenBSD v4.6 CD
You can order it online and support the development of OpenBSD and other software such as OpenSSH.Share this on: