Grab the latest release...
OpenOffice.org is a free office suite available for Linux and many different operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Solaris, FreeBSD and Mac OS X. This software is alternative to Microsoft Office (also it is a backward compatible). It supports the OpenDocument standard for data interchange.
Although Microsoft Office still retains 95% of the general market, OpenOffice.org and StarOffice have secured 14% of the large enterprise market. The OpenOffice.org web site reports more than 62.5 million downloads :)
It includes support for 64-bit Linux and a number of other improvements, including multiple monitor support and Samples and Templates
It is released on December 12, 2006!TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop