Tux Paint is a simple graphics educational painting programs for young children. It is free, Open Source software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. The program can be installed all all versions of Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X v10.3+, Linux, BeOS, Haiku, FreeBSD and NetBSD operating systems. It combines an easy-to-use interface, fun sound effects, and an encouraging cartoon mascot who guides children as they use the program.
The program works well and the kids love it:
- Easy to install.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with the stamps, and various drawing tools.
- Come with special effects tools.
- Come with parental and teacher controls option.
How Do I Install Tux Paint?
Type the following command under Debian or Ubuntu Linux, enter:
$ sudo apt-get install tuxpaint tuxpaint-plugins-default tuxpaint-config
To open a tux paint program, choose Application > Education > Tux Paint in the top panel:
Because Tux Paint is free of cost and not limited in any way, a teacher or the parent can download it, without waiting for procurement or a budget!
More Links and Information:
- This page includes various scree-shots of Tux Paint's interface, and examples of features, put together by the developers. Be sure to check out the gallery for real drawings made by children using Tux Paint!
- Download Tux Paint
Update (July/2/11): Tux Paint Summer Drawing Contest is sponsored and judged by Worldlabel.com and is open to all children aged 3 to 12 who live anywhere in the World!. Grab Tux Paint, make a cool drawing, win one of 3 OLPC laptops, one of 10 Sugar-on-a-stick and other awesome prizes! More information available here.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop