Virtualization is the process of abstracting computing resources such that multiple operating system and application images can share a single physical server, bringing significant cost-of-ownership and manageability benefits. Through its Oracle VM product, Oracle offers scalable, low-cost server virtualization for heterogeneous applications.
Oracle VM is free server virtualization software that fully supports both Oracle and non-Oracle applications, and is three times more efficient than other server virtualization products.
Consisting of Xen's open source server software and an integrated Web browser-based management console, Oracle VM provides an easy-to-use graphical interface for creating and managing virtual server pools, running on x86 and x86-64-based systems, across an enterprise.
Users can create and manage Virtual Machines (VMs) that exist on the same physical server but behave like independent physical servers. Each virtual machine created with Oracle VM has its own virtual CPUs, network interfaces, storage and operating system. With Oracle VM, users have an easy-to-use browser-based tool for creating, cloning, sharing, configuring, booting and migrating VMs.
Oracle VM Manager
Oracle VM Manager (a web based tool) manages the servers using a server pool. Oracle VM Manager provides the following main features:
- Virtual Machine life cycle management. This includes creating virtual machine from installation media or from templates, starting, logging in, shutting down, and deleting virtual machines.
- Cloning virtual machines
- Live migration of virtual machines
- Managing servers
- Creating and configuring server pools
- Managing resources, including ISO files, virtual machine templates, virtual machine images, and shared virtual disks
- Managing Oracle VM Manager users, and groups etc
(Fig-02: Oracle VM Manager in action, image credit - official oracle documentation )
Download Oracle VM
=> Visit official Oracle website to download software and related documentation.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop