Solaris 10 update 8/07 has been released and available for download. From the announcement page:
The latest update of the Solaris OS helps customers alleviate common enterprise problems such as virtualization, resource management, and system performance. Solaris delivers built-in investment protection and new technologies that are even better suited to data intensive environments where price and performance are driving factors:
New updated features
=> Solaris Containers for Linux Applications and integrated support for Logical Domains
=> Update to the performance-optimized and cost-effective PostgreSQL open-source database software.
=> Ability to run multiple independent network stacks on one system
=> Networking and DTrace technology enhancements
Best of all, it's free to download and use. The only thing customers pay for are the support and services, which range in scope and price to suit the needs of individual developers and companies of all sizes.
Download Sun Solaris 10 UNIX CD / DVD ISO
=> Visit official site to download Solaris ISO images.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop