Yet another victory for Open Source software! Woot!!
First Solaris (OpenSolaris) and OpenOffice.org was made open source and now Java. Thanks to Linux (other open source oses) and open source movement.
Sun Microsystems Inc. said on Monday that it will make its Java software available for free to the open-source community, though it will continue to sell and support standardized versions of the product.
Read more lycos news...
=> OpenJDK Source Releases/Download link (includes Java programming language compiler source, jtreg test harness for the JDK test framework and Java HotSpotVirtual Machine source under GPL version 2.0)
It is time to learn Java!
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop