Ubuntu Linux (a GNU/Linux-based computer operating system) version 11.10 has been released and available for download. The new release includes some enhancements to make your experience even more enjoyable. The Default user interface is set to unity shell on top of GNOME 3.x. However, you will get a 2D version of Unity as a fallback for systems that lack the hardware resources for the 3D version. The good news is you will be able to install the entire GNOME 3 desktop along with GNOME Shell directly from the Ubuntu repos.
Download Ubuntu 11.10
- Bittorent links (64 bit) and 32 bit version
- Direct ISO CD Images 32 bit (desktop version)
- Direct ISO CD Images 64 bit (desktop version)
- Direct ISO CD Images 32 bit (server version)
- Direct ISO CD Images 64 bit (server version)
- Mirror list (recommended for faster download from ftp or http servers)
Ubuntu 11.10 (Natty Narwhal) DVD
You can install using live DVD for Intel/Amd based systems:
How Do I Upgrade To Ubuntu v11.10?
You can directly upgrade to Ubuntu v11.10 from Ubuntu v10.04, see upgrade howto here.
Stay tuned for our review, which will come out soon.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop