Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:
- Linux / UNIX FTP / SFTP Commands Tutorial - switched from MS-Windows to Mac computer running OS X UNIX systems. I need to transfer and download file using ftp for my personal website. Can you provide me a list of FTP commands that may be sent to an FTP server, to upload and download files using UNIX / Linux ftp command line client?
- Linux incrond inotify: Monitor Directories For Changes And Take Action - I want to copy (rsync to remote server) a directory tree whenever file uploaded or deleted in /var/www/html/upload/ directory under Linux operating systems for backup purpose and/or load balancing purpose without getting into complex file sharing setup such as NFS or GFS iscsi storage. How do I monitor /var/www/html/upload/ and its subdirectory for new files and executes rsync command to make copy back to www2.example.com:/var/www/html/upload/?
- Debian Linux Disable IPv6 Networking - How do I disable an IPv6 network connection and all its subsystem for my server? I’m having some problem with my GUI program under Debian “Squeeze”, how can I disable IPv6?
- Nginx: Configure and Install With IPv6 Networking Support - How do I configure IPv6 networking under nginx? How do I assign and use an IPv6 address under nginx web server? How do I enable IPv6 Support in nginx?
- FreeBSD: Atheros AR8131 / AR8132 Gigabit Fast Ethernet Driver Configuration - I have installed FreeBSD 8.x on my Laptop with Windows 7 in dual boot mode. But I’m unable to connect to the LAN or Internet using Atheros AR8132 card. How do I configure this card under FreeBSD?
- FreeBSD: Disable / Stop Console Beep ( Bell ) - I know how to turn off console beep under Gnome Linux desktop. How do I stop console beep under FreeBSD operating systems?
- Rsync Change SSH Port Number While Making Backups - How do I change my rsync command port number while making backup to remote server at backup1.example.com port 10253 (my ssh server runs on port # 10253)?
- UNIX Source Command: Read And Execute Commands From File - What is the use of UNIX source command under bash or any other shell? How do I use source command under UNIX / OS X / Linux operating systems?
- Find Command Exclude Directories From Search Pattern - How do I exclude certain directories while using the find command under UNIX or Linux operating systems?
- Linux: Find Wireless Driver Chipset Information - How do I find out Wireless driver chipset information under Linux? How do I get wireless card chipeset information without opening my systems?
nixCraft is on Facebook!
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop