Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:
- Linux Open .CBR (Comic Book Archive) File – just got .cbr file from my friend and I want to open this file under Linux. Iâ€™ve downloaded comic books from the Internet but i am not able to open them. How do I open .cbr file under Linux?
- Disable / Turn Off Firewall in Ubuntu Linux Server – How do I disable firewall in Ubuntu Linux server edition using CLI and GUI methods?
- HowTo: Find Symlink under UNIX / Linux – How do I find symlink(s) under UNIX and Linux operating systems?
- HowTo: UNIX / Linux Open TCP / UDP Ports – How do I open the TCP or UDP ports under UNIX / Linux like operating systems?
- UNIX Disk Usage Command Examples – How do I find out disk usage under UNIX operating systems using GUI, CLI and Perl / shell programs?
- Use wget with Squid Proxy Server – How do I make wget work with Squid under UNIX or Linux operating systems?
- Network: Monitor Outgoing Bandwidth Latency / Jitter – Iâ€˜ve servers in two different data centers and connected via leased lines. How do I find out bandwidth latency and jitter between two servers using MS-Windows server, UNIX or Linux operating systems? How do I verify that my leased line based internet connection is stable between two data centers?
- Linux Syslogd: Nothing Gets Logged Using /dev/log And /jail/apache/dev/log – Iâ€˜ve configured my Apache in chrooted jail at /jail/apache directory. However, my syslogd is not working and nothing gets logged using /dev/log and /jail/apache/dev/log. How do I fix this problem under CentOS 5.x AMD64 with SELinux?
- UNIX / Linux: HowTo Use unison File Synchronizer – I know how to use rsync for Unix systems which synchronizes files and directories from one location to another while minimizing data transfer. However, I would like to synchronizing files between two directories, either on one computer, or between a computer and another server. How do I maintain the same version of files on multiple servers?
nixCraft is on Facebook!
Not our Fan yet? We suggest you become one right away! Just visit our Facebook Page. Click on the “like” button.Share this on: