I'm still working on getting my rss feed mess which bombarded your feed reader and inbox two days ago. Meanwhile, our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos (if you want FAQ updates just follow us on twitter or identi.ca):
- Linux: Setup SSH To Tunnel VNC Traffic Though Internet - This tutorial shows you how to use OpenSSH to tunnel VNC traffic through the public Internet so that you can access your UNIX / Linux / OS X PC from a remote location.
- Linux: Find Wireless Driver Chipset Information - How do I find out Wireless driver chipset information under Linux? How do I get wireless card chipeset information without opening my systems?
- KVM virt-install: Install OpenBSD As Guest Operating System - Explains how to install OpenBSD under Linux KVM and fix a few issues related to booting and setting up a serial console redirection.
- RHEL6 Beta: HowTo Use yum Command To Install Packages Without RHN - Explains how to use the yum command under RHEL beta v6.0 without RHN, which is scheduled to release soon (this for testing purpose only).
- Reboot Linksys WAG160N / WAG54 / WAG320 / WAG120N Router / Gateway - Explains how to reboot a Cisco Linksys router using a UNIX command prompt and hidden url settings.
- KVM: Start a Virtual Machine / Guest At Boot Time - Explains how to configure a domain (guest operating system vm) to be automatically started at boot or after kernel upgrade system reboot.
nixCraft is on Facebook!
Go ahead, become a nixCraft fan and start receiving regular updates right away!TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop